What will you really save?
Project managing takes a great deal of discipline, and things change daily according to supply, weather etc.
Building often takes longer and costs more than originally planned. Costs can quickly spiral out of control, especially if you don’t have a lot of experience. Dowling Homes will give you a Fixed Price Contract – no nasty surprises, no hidden costs – peace of mind for you.
If your project takes longer than expected, rent costs might have a negative impact on your building budget.
Be prepared to spend many hours sourcing supplies at the best price, and you’ll need to find the right tradies and juggle them at the right time.
Some of the things you’ll be responsible for –
• being aware of and complying with all the regulations that apply to the construction
• providing plans, specs, engineering and technical details to the appropriate authorities and contractors
• getting the necessary approvals from all relevant authorities – eg local council
• calling for tenders and quotes, selecting and contracting professionals, and organising payment
• dealing with any disputes or problems that arise
• ordering, delivery, management, storage and coordination of materials and services
• organising for the building to be inspected by a building works supervisor or surveyor on completion
• notifying the council at prescribed stages of the building work eg roof tie downs
• ensuring all necessary insurance is in place – eg public liability insurance
• submitting a Statement of Compliance signed by the supervisor to the relevant authority on completion
• complying with ever changing OH&S requirements
And if you employ a contractor for any building work that costs $12,000 or more they must complete a domestic building work contract with you. If council approval is required, you’ll need building indemnity insurance. This is usually only obtainable by a licensed builder or supervisor.
So why not relax, enjoy the experience, and leave the hard stuff to us.
It’s what we do.